TIRE AMENSTY MONTH OF APRIL FOR PICKENS COUNTY RESIDENTS.
Pickens County residents only, may take four (4) scrap passenger tires, maximum per family, off the rims, to the Pickens County Recycle Center on Camp Road and Cove Road, during the month of April as part of the Great American Clean Month. Keep Pickens Beautiful would like to remind you that mosquito breeding season is upon us and with it brings the West Nile Virus and the possible of other viruses.
KPB urges all of our county residents to dispose of any tires you have lying around. Let’s eliminate the mosquito breeding places cleanup our county and protect our environment.
The Great American Cleanup is like a puzzle, if everyone does a small part in the cleanup the whole big job will be completed, piece by piece. If you would like to know if how you can have a part in the Great American Cleanup please call our office at 706-253-3600 for information.
EVENT PLANS FOR GREAT AMERICAN CLEANUP
- PICKENS COUNTY – CLEAN UP – TIRE AMENSTY
- CITY OF JASPER – EACH SATURDAY IN APRIL THE CITY WILL PICK UP CURB SIDE BRUSH, LIMBS, ETC. SEE WATER BILL FOR DETAILS.
- CITY OF NELSON – DAILY LITTER PICK UP THROUGH OUT NELSON.
- TOWN OF TALKING ROCK – WORK TO RESTORE PARK TRASH DAY FOR ODD ITEMS
- TATE COMMUNITY- TREE PLANTING AT DEPOT
- ALL SCHOOLS – CLEANUP AND BEAUTIFY
- ADOPT A ROAD VOLUNTEERS – PICK UP THEIR ASSIGNED ROADS
- SHREDDER – Saturday APRIL 16TH 9:00 TO NOON
- OPERATION CLEAN SWEEP NOON – FINISHED
- SPRUCE UP THE MURAL IN DOWNTOWN JASPER
- KPB OFFICE SPRUCE UP THE GROUNDS