Pickens County residents only may take four (4) scrap passenger size tires, maximum per family, off the rims, to the Pickens County Recycle Center at 3141 Camp Road, Jasper and 9720 Cove Road, Marble Hill, during the month of April as part of the Great American Clean.
Keep Pickens Beautiful would like to remind you that mosquito breeding season is upon us and with it brings the West Nile Virus and the possibility of other viruses. KPB urges all of our county residents to dispose of any tires you have lying around. Let’s eliminate the mosquito breeding places clean up our county and protect our environment.
The Great American Cleanup is like a puzzle, if everyone does a small part in the clean up the whole big job will be completed, piece by piece.
If you would like to know how you can have a part in the Great American Cleanup please call our office at 706-253-3600 for more information.
EVENT PLANS FOR GREAT AMERICAN CLEANUP
- PICKENS COUNTY – CLEAN UP – TIRE AMNESTY
- TATE COMMUNITY- TREE PLANTING – CLEANUP AT PARK
- ALL SCHOOLS – CLEANUP AND BEAUTIFY
- ADOPT A ROAD VOLUNTEERS – PICK UP THEIR ASSIGNED ROADS
- SHREDDER – MONDAY APRIL 15TH NOON TO 3:00 – 124 W. Church Street IBMSECU